January 23, 2010

E J ARNOLD Picture Dominoes KG 681













These lovely picture dominoes are made by E J Arnold, of Leeds. They look like they're screen printed on a laminated plywood, and each domino measures 95 x 190mm, so not something you could play on a table! I think they were only available to schools.










The whole set consists of 36 pieces and have the sort of quality you associate with Galt Toys. Sadly theres no credit to an illustrator, but it does give the catalogue number of KG 681.
Above is a close up of a couple of my favourites.

1 comment:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

I love toys like this - I collect Galt and Abbatt Toys. here's a pic of some of my Abbatt Toys snap cards on my Tumblr :
http://kickcanandconkers.tumblr.com/post/396409486/snap-cards-by-abbatt-toys-private-collection