June 10, 2010

1970s England nylon Scarf















With less than 24 hours to go to the start of The World Cup, it seems apt to have another football related post. Not that I really need an excuse!
Its because of this England scarf, that I picked up the Showaddywaddy one, the other day. They seem to perfectly epitomize a point in time. Printed on the most horrific 1970s nylon, it predates my favourite England kit by a couple of seasons.



















The team group includes Alan Ball, Ray Clemence, Dave Watson & Colin Bell, while on the reverse, (above) I think Ive spotted Kevin Beattie and Dave Thomas ! If like me, youre excited by the prospect of the World Cup, you may be interested to know theres a fantastic online wallchart. It seems to owe a lot to those information wheels, that I posted a while back.

No comments: