October 06, 2010

3 more Puffin covers by Grace Gabler











Yesterday, I picked up a copy of Postcards from Puffin. The box contains 100 postcards, featuring many childrens classic book covers. I was delighted to find two more covers by Grace Gabler.

Above you can see Jam Tomorrow, 1947 *. A counting Book 1957, & A Spelling Book, 1948. Last Christmas I posted the letter X , from her charming book "A child's alphabet", from 1945.

* The image of Jam Tomorrow is taken from Phil Baines new book, Puffin by Design.

2 comments:

shelf appeal said...

Grace's work is lovely and delicate isn't it? Would really like to find that Child's Alphabet in a 50p box in Oxfam. I fear it isn't going to happen.

jonny mendelsson said...

Graces'work is utterly charming!

Last November, I got lucky and found a copy of a Childs' Alphabet in the local charity shop for 25p. So who knows, perhaps theres another one out there?

That said its pretty scruffy!