October 01, 2010

Wicker Man Cheeseboard






















This lovely Cheeseboard turned up at the local charity shop, last month. It measures 13.5" in diameter and has a metal rim, but like so many of my favourite things, it has no makers mark.

The figures are all in national costume and have a Scandanavian folk feel, but, underlying that, theres something sinister. It could be their raised hands! Are they praising the cheese? ( I like that idea!)

Whatever it is there's something a little bit Wicker man!

3 comments:

JOHN BROADLEY said...

This is lovely - I'm jealous!

Emily Mitchell said...

Scandinavian Cheese rules! I think they are merry worshippers!

Matthew Richardson said...

Hey Jonny, that was my comment about the cheese, I was on the wrong computer! You have SUCH good stuff! Matthew x